A tee with a scoop neckline should be a closet staple in any working woman’s wardrobe.
Its design is modest, feminine and flattering on all body types. Perfect for the office! Plus, it is super versatile…wear it underneath a suit jacket, a cardigan sweater or layer a tank style underneath a deep v-neck dress for extra coverage.
The most important feature to a great scoopneck tee is its fabrication.
It is essential that your tee has some stretch to it, so that it gently hugs your body, hiding imperfections, and highlighting your shape in all the best ways. Look for those made with some percentage of lycra, spandex, elastene, etcetera. It is also imperative that your tee’s fabric is thick enough, so you don’t feel self-conscious about exposing your undergarments or any body parts. This way you can easily take of your jacket or cardigan and walk down the office halls with confidence.
Another major benefit to adding the right scoopneck tee to your wardrobe is it’s a great travel companion for every professional woman. You can wear it with many different outfits; it takes up little room in your suitcase and it comes out, oftentimes, wrinkle-free. Plus, it is easy to launder and super durable. You’ll be prepared for anything that comes up during your travels…last minute meetings (formal or informal), unexpected extended stays or delays and easy cleanup on those frequent pesky coffee stains.
Take note, the ideal scoopneck tee I have described can be more costly than your average tee. I believe the benefits are worth it and they become reliable timeless investment pieces. When they go on sale I grab several for my clients!
You would think there would be a large selection of these wunderkind scoopneck tees in stores since they are a staple garment. The reality is they are not easy to find! So, I’ve gone ahead and done the homework for you. Below, I’ve gathered a selection of my favorites. You’ll notice that most come in just black or white, so, for both our benefits, I have a request to designers, “Please manufacture them in more colors…we rely on them!”
Here’s my top ten scoopneck tees for you:
*Note: Slideshow displays large full-size images. To open image gallery, select any thumbnail image above. To exit image gallery, click directly on current image displayed.
- Eileen Fisher Stretch-Silk Scoop-Neck Tee $98, available at Garnet Hill. More colors available.
- WhiteHouse BlackMarket Seamless Tank $28.50 $21.38, available at WhiteHouse BlackMarket.
- WhiteHouse BlackMarket Seamless Tee $34.50 $25.88, available at WhiteHouse BlackMarket.
- Lands’ End Long-Sleeve Cotton Scoop Top $24.50 $9.99, available at Lands’ End. More colors available.
- Splendid 1×1 Scoop Tee $46, available at Shopbop. Also in white.
- Eileen Fisher ¾-Sleeve Scoopneck Tee $58, available at Nordstrom.
- DKNY Scoopneck Jersey Tee $75, available at Saks Fifth Avenue. Also in black.
- Lafayette 148 New York Scoopneck Tee $158, available at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Eileen Fisher Long-Sleeved Jersey Top $78, available at Lord & Taylor. More colors available.
- Wolford Cordoba Pullover $230, available at Saks Fifth Avenue. Also in black.
Do you have a favorite brand of tees you’d like to share that are not just for weekend wear, but still appropriate for the office? We could use all the help we can get!