Do your nails need a seasonal update?
Just as you’ve been reinvigorating your wardrobe with some new clothes for spring and summer, now, it’s time to add the finishing touches. This includes freshening up your nail polish.
As the weather gets warmer, you get busier. That’s why I’ve gone ahead and done the homework for you, so whether you are dashing into the salon for a last minute mani-pedi or are DIYing it at home, you will have a go-to collection of current, delightful, flattering and appropriate polish colors you can count on this season.
You need at least one polish that works for each setting in your multifaceted life. For ease of reference, I’ve sorted my top picks into lifestyle categories for you…I call it The Three C’s: conservative, creative and cocktail. This way you’re nails will be prepped for every environment and any occasion!
THE THREE C’s
- OPI You Callin’ Me A Lyre? $8.50, OPI for salons.
- Essie A Crewed Interest $8, available at Essie.
- Deborah Lippmann Naked $16, available at Deborah Lippmann.
- Butter London All Hail The Queen $14, available at Nordstrom.
- Dior Vernis Bikini $23, available at Nordstrom.
- Butter London Scoundrel $14, available at Nordstrom.
- Revlon ColorStay Blue Slate $7.99, available at Ulta.
- OPI Thanks A Windmillion $8.50, available at drugstore.com.
- Deborah Lippmann Private Dancer Mirrored Chrome $18, available at Deborah Lippmann.
- Butter London Wallis $14, available at Nordstrom.
- Zoya Riley $8, available at Zoya.
- Ciaté Caviar Manicure Black Pearls + Nail Polish in Ghetto Fabulous Kit $25, available at Sephora.
Plus, here are some quick nail color tips:
- Select colors to complement your skin’s warm or cool undertone as well as what you are wearing and not just colors you like. Search Google Images with a specific brand and color name for visual aids…you’ll be amazed by all the pics showcasing your polish on different skin tones and under different lighting conditions.
- Sample before buying. Many stores will allow you to test colors on scotch tape. Place the painted tape over your nails and see if it suits you. Online, Zoya will send you color spoons (aka. swatches) for $0.50 each. Includes free shipping, plus you will be given a store credit for the sample total and the amount will be applied towards your next purchase.
- Keep in stock a fast drying top coat. My favorite is Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat…as the name implies, it dries super fast plus, it protects your beautiful nail polish and keeps the color lustrous.
Do you have any further challenges you would like addressed when it comes to selecting nail polish colors?Share This Story: