Are you as excited as I am about the upcoming holiday weekend? I bet you are! In theory, holidays are meant for rest and relaxation. Yet, it goes without saying; we don’t want to miss out on any of the fun! This Fourth of July is no exception and I’m sure you’ve got a jam packed weekend. The question is…will you be prepared in time? Have you already figured out what you are going to wear and what you need to bring to be ready for each and every planned (and unplanned) activity?
I know you want to enjoy the big summer holiday to its fullest, so I’ve put together five style prep steps to help you get ready now for the weekend. This way your sense of style doesn’t get lost in the frenzy:
Click to continue >>
Share This Story:
This summer’s it-hit is the wedge shoe! I’m sure you’ve seen them available at every store in a bazillion styles and on e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e. Of course, they are fun to wear. That goes without saying, but the true benefit of wearing a wedge shoe, especially during the summertime, is its unique design. The solid, blocked sole allows us to move freely and confidently over all different types of terrain. We can wear them to outdoor weddings and parties. We can wear them on the boardwalk. We can wear them during a lunchtime stroll. No worries even on our Italian vacation, where we will surely encounter cobblestone, gravel, sand, grass, and slippery museum floors.
Plus, by design, a wedge shoe encourages the entire soles of our feet to support us rather than all the strain being placed on the balls and heels. In other words, when our body weight is more evenly distributed, we feel more stable and secure in our movements.
Here are some tips to make sure you’ve found the best pair for you:
- They’re comfortable. The heel and/or platform height allow you to move with ease. The insole has cushion and the outsole is sturdy. All straps fit properly.
- They’re versatile. You can wear them with most any outfit and they are ‘occasion flexible.’ They play well with your lifestyle.
- They’re flattering. The style lengthens your leg line and the color compliments your skin tone.
- They’re proportional. The design does not overpower your body frame (ie. a bulky wedge shoe is not in proportion with a petite frame).
- They’re modern. They have the perfect classical-contemporary design mix, so that you can wear them for seasons to come.
- They’re priced right. You feel good about the price you paid. You know your wedge shoes add value to your daily endeavors and you feel empowered by your purchase.
- They’re fun. And you want to wear them all the time!
How do you feel about your wedge shoe? In the comments below, please share the benefit of your experience with our readers!
Top image credit: Alberto Fermani Cutout T-Strap Wedge Sandal $375 $251, available at Neiman Marcus.
Share This Story: