Let’s face it; you are a dynamo on the job!
Passion, determination and commitment is your motto. You don’t have time for any setbacks, especially wardrobe or beauty mishaps and malfunctions.
Your co-workers wonder how you always look freshly prepared and ready for anything. “What’s your secret?” they ask.
You answer, “My Fashion Emergency Kit, of course!”
Tucked inside your desk drawer is a conveniently-sized cosmetic/toiletries bag, full of essential fashion and beauty tools – ready to assist you at a moment’s notice! During your morning commute, you notice your pant hem has fallen. No problem! You’ve got safety pins and fashion tape to the rescue stashed in your office Fashion Emergency Kit. Your cute, brand new shoes are giving you blisters and you’ve got meetings all over the building throughout the day. Again, not a problem! You quickly insert one of your tried-and-true shoe insoles or pads to relieve discomfort and you’re back on track. Spill some coffee on your blouse? Grab your instant stain remover pen. Just got news this is your last chance to sell your idea to investors via video chat? Seconds before…swiftly sneak a blotting paper from your kit and swipe across your face to eliminate any shine. Now, you won’t look nervous! Is your energy drained and you’ve got no time for lunch? You know the drill. Quick, munch on a nutritious power bar from your office kit and go back to conquering the world!
A Corporate Fashionista is all-around biz savvy. You know it pays to be prepared on all fronts. There are thousands of scenarios you encounter on a regular basis where your Fashion Emergency Kit really comes in handy helping you to look, feel and be professionally fierce and fabulous at all times.
Don’t have a kit at the office yet? Tired of carrying around an overstuffed handbag? No worries!
Here are my top twenty-five essentials to jumpstart your office Fashion Emergency Kit today:
- Gal Pal Garment Deodorant Removers $9.99, available at The Container Store. Tip: I use it to remove lint and dirt marks too. (Update: Company has revamped. New product name is BlueNo.7 Deodorant Removers.)
- thinkThin Chocolate Dipped Mixed Nuts Crunch Bar $1.99/each, available at thinkThin. Tip: This one is high in protein and low in sugar. Feeling good equals looking good.
- Hollywood Fashion Tape $8.99, available at Hollywood Fashion Secrets. Tip: Secure puckering button-down shirts, eliminate exposed bra straps, keep slingback shoe straps in place, plus much more with fashion tape.
- Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant and Deodorant $8.99, available at Drugstore.com.
- LeSportsac Clear Pouch Set $38, available at Shopbop. Tip: Nylon bags are durable, inexpensive and easy to clean.
- Go Travel Sonic Travel Toothbrush, Battery-Operated $22, available at Magellan’s.
- Tweezerman Mini Nail Rescue Kit $20, available at Tweezerman.
- Systane Ultra High Performance Lubricant Eye Drops, Twin Pack $16.99, available at Drugstore.com.
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream Original $3.69, available at Target. Tip: To minimize bulk, I prefer only one cream in my kit, so I use this on my legs and arms too.
- NARS Lip Gloss in Orgasm $24, available at Sephora. Tip: Gloss is a quick way to enliven your look throughout the day. Keep a neutral color in your kit to complement any outfit.
- Ultima Replenisher Sampler Pack $12, available at Ultima Replenisher. See store for other retailers. Tip: Feeling dehydrated? Shake this into your water bottle for extra electrolytes.
- Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Papers $18, available at Sephora.
- Safety pins. Available at drugstores, grocery stores and craft stores. Tip: Pin a loose pant hem, use to replace a missing button. Great for quick, temporary fashion fixes.
- Band-Aid Sheer Strips Bandages, Assorted Sizes $3.79, available at Drugstore.com. Tip: The sheer strips camouflage wounds. I, also, stash in my kit Band-Aid Flexible Tough Strips to wrap around toes and protect irritated nails during an extra long work day.
- Nexxus Comb Thru Natural Hold Design and Finishing Mist $4.49, available at Drugstore.com. Tip: A finishing spray quickly restores your style’s shape.
- Donna Karan The Nudes Essential Toner Hosiery $20, available at Nordstrom. Tip: Even if you’re not a hosiery fan, it’s a good idea to keep a pair on hand for important, unexpected, ultra-formal biz meetings.
- Altoids Twin Pack Mints, Peppermint $3.99, available at Drugstore.com.
- Twistband Hair Ties $2 each, available at Twistband.
- Sephora Collection Boar Detangling Hair Brush $24, available at Sephora.
- Aquaphor Lip Repair $4.29, available at Drugstore.com.
- Stiletto Hardware Ball-Of-Foot Cushion $7.95 pair, available at Stiletto Hardware. Also, available in Slender and Heel. Tip: Best shoe insoles ever! See my full review here.
- Tide To Go Instant Stain Remover Pen, 3-Pack $8.99, available at Amazon.
- FootPetals Strappy Strips, 8-Pack $6.95, available at FootPetals.
- Dr. Scholl’s For Her Miracle Shield Rub Relief Stick $5.99, available at Target.
- FootPetals Heavenly Heels Back Of Heel Cushions $6.95 pair, available at FootPetals. Tip: Very useful when shoes get overstretched or to prevent blisters on bare legs.
***UPDATE: NEW PRODUCTS TO ADD TO YOUR KIT***
- Quick Tips Instant Heels Caps $12.99, available at GoGoHeel.
Got more problem-solving products you like to keep in your office Fashion Emergency Kit? Please share your favorites!