Tired of traditional? Go for original!
Granted a classic, white button-down shirt is a working woman’s 9-to-5 wardrobe staple, but it can leave you looking (and feeling) humdrum at the office.
Instantly, revive your power suit, trouser pants or pencil skirt with a livelier button-down. Opt for one with a contrasting collar, front button placket or cuff, colorful piping details, subtle prints or a dynamic color. Guess what? Banker stripe shirts are a hot fall trend!
To jumpstart your search, I’ve gone ahead and put together, above, a collection of spirited button-downs, perfect for both corporate and business casual work environments. Good news! They’re each under $100.
- Ann Taylor Silk Cotton Button Down Camp Shirt
$68$59.99, available at Ann Taylor.
- Free People Boyfriend Button Down $98, available at Bloomingdales. More colors available.
- JCrew Stretch Perfect Shirt in Mini Gingham $75, available at JCrew.
- Banana Republic Print Silk Tie Blouse $79.50, available at Banana Republic. More colors available.
- Lands’ End Perfect Stretch Poplin Shirt
$50$29.99, available at Lands’ End.
- Ann Taylor Striped Perfect Short Sleeve Button Down Shirt
$68$39.99, available at Ann Taylor.
- Banana Republic Laura Silk Blouse $89.50, available at Banana Republic.
- Pippa Great Deco Roses Top
$118 $103.60$62.16, available at Bloomingdales.
- Lands’ End No Iron Hidden Placket Shirt $49, available at Lands’ End. More colors available.
Do you incorporate more button-down blouses or pullover styles into your workwear? What’s the average price you’ll pay for a top?Share This Story: