Step aside summertime, there’s a new season in town!
Is your wardrobe ready for fall? If not, it’s time to start construction on your fall wardrobe. Ask yourself, what do I need?…what do I want?…what special business and social events do I have coming up? This task doesn’t have to be a big deal! No need to take a complete inventory of what’s already in your closet. Just jot down a few trends you like, then think about how you might incorporate them into your wardrobe. Example: Would animal prints work best as a nights out accessory or would you use this favored trend as a dress or a sweater at your next speaking engagement or conference? Prepare your shopping list before you hit the stores so you make economical purchases but still build yourself a stunning and effective fall/winter wardrobe.
Rest assured, I’ve taken the liberty of getting you started by showcasing a few of my favorite on-trend finds so far this season. I start with a long gold-tone pendant necklace I want need. This one is super versatile. Its chain is discreet and won’t overpower any outfit, yet it’s still a noticeable contemporary fashion accessory. I want also need Diane von Furstenberg’s inventive Harper Connect handbag. Now I can take my iPad, a high-tech gadget I find myself using more and more, with me everywhere I go. “Oh!”, and I truly n-e-e-d Bella Pelle’s new Mighty Infusion, a breakthrough anti-aging, skin boosting serum. Shelley always makes the most incredible results-oriented products; I whole-heartedly trust her brand. I know I need a new pair of black trousers, but this plaid pair are still professional looking and so much more fun! If anyone can make my backside look good in a pair of plaid pants, it’s Trina Turk – her tailoring is exquisite.
Here are more fall/winter goodies, categorized by trend, to add to your shopping list and combine with your current classic staple pieces:
- PENDANTS: Fleet Jewelry Girl with One Eye Necklace $120, available at Shopbop.
- CHIC TECH ACCESSORIES: Diane von Furstenberg Harper Connect Leather Daybag $695, available at DVF. More colors available.
- STATEMENT EARRINGS: Carol Marie Plate Earrings $65, available at Shopbop.
- CHUNKY SWEATERS: Theory Purple Angora-Blend Cardigan $435, available at Net-a-Porter. More colors here and here.
- ANYTHING PLAID: Trina Turk Charlie Plaid Suiting Trouser $318, available at Trina Turk.
- DETAILED COATS: MICHAEL Michael Kors Camel (or Black) Belted Wool/Nylon/Cashmere Trench Coat $300, available at Michael Kors.
- GRAPHIC PRINTS: Diane von Furstenberg Vintage Zip Around Wallet $160, available at Shopbop.
- METAL PLATE NECKLACES: Kenneth Cole New York Modern Sculpture Metal Necklace $65, available at Endless.
- PLUM/BERRY LIPS: Laura Mercier ‘Canyon Fall Look’ Lip Glacé in Plum $22, available at Nordstrom.
- NATIVE AMERICAN MOTIFS: Free People Rolla Coaster Open Cardigan $168, available at Nordstrom.
- LEATHER APPAREL: Leith Leather Gingerbread Midi Skirt $328, available at Nordstrom.
- REJUVINATED SKIN: Bella Pelle Mighty Infusion $150, available at Bella Pelle.
- BOOTIGHTS: Bootights Black Semi-Opaque Mid-Calf $30, available at Bootights. Lots of different color and style options.
- WEEKEND JACKETS: Lands’ End Canvas 1969 Women’s Water-Repellant Coat $180, available at Lands’ End Canvas.
What are your thoughts about the newest trends? How are you making them really ‘work’ for you?
*Disclaimer: Corporate Fashionista is in no way affiliated with any of these companies, we just think they’re great accessible products.