Got Spring fever no matter the weather?!
Changing the clocks signals the ideal time to start incorporating some of Spring’s hottest trends into your career wear now. There are plenty of ways to make it work regardless of current weather conditions. It’s as simple as integrating one spring-like piece to rejuvenate your corporate, creative, or casual wintry work look.
Here are some ideas to get you started and fast-forward transitioning your winter workwear into Spring today:
- Simply pair a pastel blouse, sweater, or blazer (more sizes) with your go-to neutral black, gray, and navy trousers or your dark wash denim jeans. Love this blouse too! Brights will be a big Spring trend as well, but I haven’t found anything office appropriate that I felt was worthy of your attention yet.
- Update your outerwear with a drapey trench coat or a tried-and-true classic version. Both are on trend and available in a variety of colors this Spring season. I went for traditional khaki and got this one after trying several brands. Note its weight is heavier than most, because of the dense twill weave. Also I simply had the extra long belt altered to be shorter for a few bucks. Pay special attention to materials, because many of the lightweight cotton trench coats in the marketplace right now easily wrinkle. If that is the look you’re going for, then you’ll have plenty of options. Otherwise, look for dense cottons, lyocell, polyester, viscose, or elastane blends. More trench coat ideas here, here, here, here, and here.
- Swap your wintry boots for trendy d’Orsay flats or pumps. Lots of colors to choose from for Spring. You’ll find additional versatile nude and black ones here, here, here, and here at varying heel heights.
- Change-out your dark handbag for a white or pastel satchel. Rebecca Minkoff has designed a beautiful sorbet bag collection this season. More styles here. You may wish to try a casual caramel bucket bag too. Another favorite here.
- Pair a light or dark chambray shirt underneath your traditional suiting or even try pairing the pant or skirt with a chambray jacket.
- Wear bright white with your winter neutrals like gray, black, or navy. Try one of these bright white tops here, here and here or try this blazer or jeans.
- It is a little early for this Spring trend, but modern, minimalist sandals are already selling out fast. Love these low-heel versions of last year’s über popular Schutz heels. And these flats really caught my eye too. Those with block heels are fun, flattering like these, these, these & these, and oftentimes, provide additional comfort & support. Available in a variety of colors, but I again chose to focus on versatile neutrals.
- Add Spring seasonal prints into the mix. Tops are the simplest route. I fell for this ikat print blouse. It is super flattering. Try a mini dot one or a dark floral one too. Opt for a striped tee, blouse, or tunic top. Wear a lacey short or long sleeved top.
- Include a utility jacket (aka. anorak or field jacket) in your transitional wardrobe. Wear on Casual Friday’s or weekends. I prefer the ones with stand collars, because they gently frame the face. Available in multiple colors this season. I chose this classic utility jacket in olive, but if you want one that covers your backside this BR one is a better option. Also really liked this style too.
Image credit: Tamara Kalinic from Glam & Glitter. Graphics by Kristina Moore for Corporate Fashionista.