Ready or not, the holidays are here.
‘Tis the season to party!
You’ve got friends and family parties to attend; perhaps you’re even throwing a holiday shindig yourself. Of course, your work office is likely planning some sort of get together too – it could be fancy schmancy or a low-key luncheon – either way you’re going to want to show some flare and have fun with your party outfit.
What you wear can certainly help you get in the celebratory mood even when you’re exhausted from trying to attend to your mile long to-do list this fantastical time of year.
Planning ahead is your golden ticket to enjoying the holiday season to its fullest. Let’s get your party outfits checked off today. Here’s how:
- Pre-style 3-5 party outfits.
- Discover the appropriate dress code for each specific event (ie. keep the plunging necklines and deep open back pieces for non-office parties).
- Decide on whether you wish to wear a dress or separates.
- Uncover key festive fashion trends: mixing metallic, faux fur jackets, sheer accents, jumpsuits, fit & flare dresses and skirts (opt for longer versions for a work party) and, of course, embellishments – lace, sequins, gemstones and more.
- Locate one show-stopping, inspirational piece to jumpstart your party outfit.
- Be decisive with complimentary completer pieces (ie. the other pieces you use to style your outfit).
Need help finding the perfect inspirational piece? Here are some resources for you:
Revamp: Enliven something you already have in your closet with a few new trendy accessories. For example, re-style one of your trusty sheath dresses with a glittery glam pair of statement earrings or necklace, or try a new pair of sparkly stilettos or a merry minaudiere bag.
Rent: One of the best resources for special occasion dresses and accessories is Rent The Runway. Check out my recent Forbes interview with the company’s CEO to find out about their new Holiday Shops and much more.
Shop: Like I said, “‘Tis the season to party (and shop)!” There’s nothing better than a new party piece to get you in the spirit of the season. Below I’ve selected some of my current favored inspirational pieces for you guaranteed to inspire your next party outfit.
No matter which style route you choose – the ultimate goal is to feel extra special during the holidays, because when you do, you’ll be more open to the magic of the season, connecting with others, and sharing the best gift of all…YOU.
Is your office hosting a big holiday party this year or is it a casual affair? Do you look forward to wearing party outfits this time of year?
Image credit: (Top) Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific. Graphics by Kristina Moore for Corporate Fashionista.