- Who knew hair bangs would be such a huge topic in the New Year?! Fashionista tackles, why the First Lady’s hairstyle matters. Want to know if the bangs trend is right for you? InStyle helps us find the best bangs for your face shape.
- Dream of a fantasy fashion closet? Get started by, first, seeing what you have in there. L.A. Closet Design has created a lighted closet rod. It’s an affordable, wire-free LED version that, also, works on a motion sensor. Hooray!
Now, that you can see what you have…get rid of all the clothing and accessories that no longer work for you and your lifestyle. Hate to part with those designer duds that just aren’t right for you anymore? Want a hassle-free, heartwarming way to salvage them? Be sure to check out Closet Angels…a new way to give back.
- HBO “Girls” Get Nail Polish [NYTimes]
- HootSuite CEO, Ryan Holmes shares 6 business apps that will make your life easier. I’d like to add one, NextIssue…unlimited access to 72+ of your favorite magazines for under ten bucks per month. Free trial for 30 days. Oh, and just for fun…3initials monogrammed wallpaper app! Plus, Lifehacker offers solid advice on what to do when one of your favorite apps gets pulled from the app store.
- Need an energy boost? Prep for work and jumpstart your day with these energizing morning yoga poses from Fitsugar. CookingLight shares 20 yummy snacks under 150 calories. Plus, eliminate those sugar crashes with help from The Beauty Bean with 49 ways sugar is sneaking into your diet.
- Forbes’, Meghan Casserly, shares 4 skills that will get you hired by a startup and career coach, Caroline Ceniza-Levine, helps us answer the dreaded ‘what is your biggest weakness’ interview question. Networking expert, Anna Runyan from ClassyCareerGirl, gives us answers to the top 10 networking questions. Plus, Inc’s, Kevin Daum, reveals 5 great reasons to schedule more business lunches.
- Suffering from winter’s dry, flaky skin? Want your glow back? Fashion maven, Frances of Pink Horrorshow, shares with us a cheap but super effective Aztec clay mask. Do you look tired all of the time? Is your skin tone uneven? Woman’s Day has got 10 ways to look younger now.
- Brilliant Idea: Make a Time Budget [Redbook]
- 5 Remarkably Affordable Travel Destinations for 2013 [Forbes]
Corporate Fashionista’s ‘The Boardroom’ features the latest news in business and fashion geared towards the professional woman.