- HerMoney is an exciting & insightful new podcast about money – for women, by women – hosted by award-winning personal finance expert, best-selling author and longtime financial editor of NBC’s Today Show Jean Chatzky. So far, episodes include interviews with businesswoman Arianna Huffington, fitness expert Jillian Michaels, chef Giada De Laurentiis, Cosmopolitan Editor-in-Chief Joanna Coles, psychotherapist Dr. Robi Ludwig, advertising gurus Linda Kaplan Thaler & Robin Koval, and more.
“HerMoney is that open, honest conversation you wish you were having about how to earn more, save more and stress less about your finances. Our listeners, many of whom are professional women, are telling us it’s a much needed nudge in the right direction,” says Chatzky. HerMoney is available on iTunes for free!
- My latest FORBES interviews feature founders of three pioneering design companies, Boll & Branch, Mott & Bow, and Fovo. The first two are going to great lengths to create high-quality goods at accessible prices – one specializes in luxury bedding and linens; the other provides women’s and men’s designer denim jeans. The third is improving online shopping by developing a way for us to shop by our body type in addition to usual filters. Be sure and check them out.
- Coffee Break: Try magicians Penn & Teller’s fun card trick to find love. Grab your co-workers and play along with The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon audience. Heads up – you’ll need a deck of playing cards and plan for them to be destroyed.
- Did you notice First Lady Michelle Obama’s pearl earrings during her memorable DNC speech last week? Good news! If you’re looking for modern, freshwater pearl gems at accessible prices like her to enliven your career look, then DearMissJ is a must see.
The SF-based e-commerce jewelry startup founded by former high-tech investment banker Kristy Kim specializes in elegant, one-of-a-kind pearl earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings. Kristy teamed up with her mother who has been designing jewelry for decades in Seoul, South Korea. Together they deliver carefully handcrafted jewelry from the finest quality materials, including Japanese fresh water pearls and Austrian Swarovski crystals. The collection is currently sold online as well as in specialty boutiques in New York, California, and Asia.
By the way, Kristy’s got great, creative professional style. In her recent ValleyTalks interview, note the way she freshens up her look with DearMissJ’s contemporary pearl jewelry.
- Comedian & TV Host Chelsea Handler shares her foolproof guide to dealing with jealousy, “I Never Blow Out Someone Else’s Candle to Make Mine Brighter.”
- 5 Easy Hair Hacks You’ll Be Happy You Learned This Summer [PopSugar]
- Recharge your digital devices on-the-go! BauBax, the innovative fashion-tech brand founded by husband-and-wife duo Hiral Sanghavi and Yoganshi Shah – behind “The World’s Best Travel Jacket”, which was the most funded apparel item ever on Kickstarter requesting $20K, but ending up raising over $9 million – is at it again.
This time they are bringing us an assortment of fashionable, smart clothing and accessories that conveniently charge your smartphone and Bluetooth earphones wirelessly, including BauBax’s very own cordless earphones. BauBax has designed an ultra-thin wireless charging pad and stitched it into their women’s & men’s jackets, pants, shorts, wristlet bags, wallets, and charging pads. Thankfully, we no longer have to worry about being held back by the battery limits of our tech tools. BauBax’s crowdfunding campaign ends August 26th.
- The Truth About Standing Desks And Productivity [Fast Company]
- Got low-back pain? Biofreeze Roll-On Gel and a Foam Bed Wedge are two options I rely on for quick relief when exercises are not enough. Of course, check with your doctor first.
- Welcome, beautiful summer footsies! This is the best foot cream for smoothing dry, cracked feet. I rediscovered it after a temporary break trying this one with little success. So glad to have found it again and just in time for sandal season.
- Heard of Revolar? It’s an alert safety device designed to help people who feel they are in physical danger. Founder Jacqueline Ros developed the idea after her sister was assaulted as a teenager. Available on the company’s website or at Brookstone.
- Why The Air-Conditioning Wars Will Never End [NYMag]
- How To Re-Apply Sunscreen Without Messing Up Your Makeup [Beauty Editor]
- Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale ends soon. You’ll discover NEW Fall fashions, beauty products, and home goods on sale. Prices go up August 8th. It is kind of odd to think about the fall season right now, since summer weather just arrived. But! I find it harder to pass on a good deal. #NSale is definitely worth checking out when you have a moment. Here’s my top 10 list: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, and ten.
Corporate Fashionista’s ‘The Boardroom’ features the latest news in business and fashion geared towards the professional woman.