- “I don’t know how to explain what it was like to run my business, the joy of every day.” Remembering fashion designer, Lilly Pulitzer [BoF]. Kelly Ottinger of Kelly Market created a lovely product collage of Lilly’s bright, cheerful prints.
- Next time you’re at the newsstand, check out Cosmopolitan’s May issue and turn to page 138 to see Corporate Fashionista’s work style tips. I’m thrilled to be quoted in journalist, Sarah Bruning’s cover article, “She Did What at Work?!”
- Looking for a fab pair of frames? Rivet & Sway is the mecca of online eyeglasses exclusively for women. This boutique company is dedicated to helping you look and feel your best. I tried them and the quality is superb! They have a free personal stylist which I highly recommend too. Rx lenses, coatings and shipping included in price, plus new and innovative specs designs are plentiful and ever-expanding. More good news! **Special offer** – $50 off one pair of frames thru May 31, 2013. Use discount code: CFSWAYS
- Mad Men fan? Then you’re gonna love this humorous and insightful professional perspective from journalist Jessica Taylor for The Daily Muse, 5 Career Lessons I’ve Learned From Mad Men.
- Google Reader is shutting down on July 1st. Bummer! Thankfully, Lifehacker’s got five of the best alternative news reading apps and services.
- Move Over BB Cream, Here Comes CC [ABC News]
- Learn what each sized curling iron does from The Beauty Department.
- According to Jeremy Neuner, CEO and cofounder of NextSpace, 40% of America’s workforce will be freelancers by 2020. “We are quickly becoming a nation of permanent freelancers and temps.”
- Why Your Resume Is Not Enough from career expert, Nicole Williams. [HuffPost]
- The Top FIVE Must Watch Videos For Your Career [Classy Career Girl]
- I.could.not.stop.laughing! Enjoy Joyce Wadler of the New York Time’s hilarious take on today’s denim dilemma and The Low-Rise Insanity Defense.
- Get ready for April showers in style with Blunt XS Metro’s ultimate umbrella and swap out your clunky rain boots for Swims’ water-resistant loafers.
- Dr. Mehmet Oz shares helpful tips on surviving allergy season.
- Sheryl Sandberg is still a hot topic in the news while promoting her book, Lean In. I was inspired by Amanda Steinberg, founder & CEO of financial media company DailyWorth, and her loving challenge for the Facebook COO. Also, Sheryl joins Marlo Thomas for an interesting interview and shares her views on why she and most other women are uncomfortable with success.
- Arianna Huffington On Leaning In, Leaning Back And The Second Women’s Movement [HuffPost]
“I think this really is a second women’s revolution…because this time we’re not just fighting for a space in the world, we’re fighting to change it…for women, but for men too, the new metric of success is well-being.”
- 7 Ways To Push Back Without Being Pushy [Forbes]
- Caution: Salad Toppings Pack On the Pounds [FitSugar]
- Are you a book lover like me? On Refinery29, 12 fashion insiders share their favorite books.
Corporate Fashionista’s ‘The Boardroom’ features the latest news in business and fashion geared towards the professional woman.