- Note to Gen-Y : You Do Not Have To Work For Free [Forbes]
- Study Says Women Will Negotiate, if You Tell Them They Can [Learn Vest]
- Love the cat-eye beauty trend? Not sure if you can pull it off? You can! Here’s a simple technique using Scotch tape, entitled Magic Cat Eyes by Jane Marie of How To Be A Girl. Yes, Scotch tape! Or if you prefer the liquid liner route, check out The Beauty Department’s easy tutorial.
- 10 Networking Conversation Starters You’ll Actually Use [The Daily Muse]
My favorite, “I really like your necklace.” It always works!
- 3 Characteristics of Amazing Presentations [Inc]
First, make sure you have something to say. Then, follow these basic rules.
- Savvy Sugar’s got some helpful shopping tips, 5 Black Friday Myths Debunked and In-Store Shopping Tips For Conquering Black Friday.
- The Infographic We’ve All Been Waiting For: How To Stress Less! [The Jane Dough]
- Burgundy is the hottest color this fall/winter season! Before you head to the store, be sure to check out Rachel Loves display of 6 different burgundy lipsticks.
- Real Simple has the best collection of ideas for a simple Thanksgiving menu, including 24 make-ahead-of-time recipes, and fun table settings to coordinate with your dinner plates. For example, “If You Have White Dishes…”
- 10 Ways to Keep Thanksgiving Dinner Slimmer [Self]
- Marlo Thomas walks the streets of New York City and asks the question, “What Is Something You Feel Guilty About?” (Watch) [Huff Post]
- A charming profile of Teri List-Stoll, SVP & Treasurer, Procter & Gamble [Little Pink Book]
“There’s an Eagles song called “Get Over It.” It’s one of my mantras…I look at what I can do today, do the best I can and if it’s not working, I’m going to change it.”
- Is Facebook Making You Fat? [Yahoo! Finance]
- Easy (and Cheap) Wardrobe-Saving Tips [Grit & Glamour]
Corporate Fashionista’s ‘The Boardroom’ features the latest news in business and fashion geared towards the professional woman.