- Ray-Ban‘s got fold-up-and-fit-in-pocket sunglasses.
- QVC presents Super Saturday Live benefitting Ovarian Cancer Research Fund on Saturday, July 28th. In-person details here and live television coverage here.
- Designer’s are going for gold starting July 27th! This will be the most fashionable summer Olympics Games ever…it’s going to be a two-week runway show. Ralph Lauren for U.S.A., Giorgio Armani and Miucca Prada for Italy, Stella McCartney for Great Britain. See more designers here.
- Marie Claire interviews Sallie Krawcheck, once one of Wall Street’s most powerful women, on her being ousted from the job…again, whether she can land another job in finance and more. She says, “…we’re putting women on diversity councils; we’re putting them in mentoring programs; we’re giving them special leadership training, telling them how to ask for promotions — but we are not promoting them. My goodness, we’re just making women busier. There needs to be a rethink about how to make them successful in these organizations.”
- 2012 NAFE Top 50 Companies for Executive Women [Working Mother]
- InStyle’s 2012 Best Beauty Buys List! Includes 150 winning products thoughtfully categorized.
- Sample different beauty and lifestyle products each month with Birchbox.
- Why Does this Shirt Cost More to Clean than that One? Why Women Pay More [Marie Claire] “…gender pricing is standard industry practice…these companies have us convinced that men and women are so biologically different that we need completely different products, as though we are a different species.”
- Figure-Flattering Exercise Leggings. Gwyneth Paltrow and celebrity trainer, Tracy Anderson, have created, Edition 01, a capsule collection of leggings for different body types.
- Your LinkedIn Intervention: 5 Changes You Must Make [Forbes]
- In the U.S., why isn’t the percentage of government seats held by women higher? Fast Company delves deeper to find answers and wants your input too.
- 5 Toxic Beliefs That Ruin Careers [Inc.]
- Museum Hop: 44 Fashion Exhibitions Happening Around the World This Summer [Fashionista]
- Hooray for the Awesome Wave of Lady Scientists in Action Movies [Slate]
“These smart, capable women aren’t just good for girls in the audience who might see them as role models. They shake up the dynamics of action movies, too, reminding audiences that there are ways to solve problems other than obliterating them with impressive quantities of explosives.”
- First Lady, Michelle Obama is on Pinterest. Meet the guys behind Pinterest. And check out Pinstrosity, a hilarious blog featuring failed attempts at Pinterest pinned DIY projects.
Corporate Fashionista’s ‘The Boardroom’ features the latest news in business and fashion geared towards the professional woman.Share This Story: