- Favorite moments from this year’s Oscars:
Best dressed: (this special guest won me over) [InStyle]
Best fashion roundup: The 65 Hottest Heels From Oscar Weekend [FabSugar]
Best post show interview (it’s hysterical!): Jennifer Lawrence’s Oscar Interview Interrupted By Jack Nicholson [Good Morning America]
Best reviews: 8 Seth MacFarlane Oscar Quotes That Would Make Awful Pickup Lines and this “Amazing” montage [Huffington Post + Jimmy Kimmel]
- Jennifer Aniston’s facialist is certainly keen on toner, “Why don’t people use toner!”, she exclaims. Check out more secrets she reveals to HuffStyle on how she gets stars skin to glow.
- Real Simple shares, How 5 Successful Women Find Free Time. ABC News correspondent and coauthor of Womenomics, Claire Shipman, discloses, “I realized that the hurdle to getting time for myself was not that high. The barriers were in my own head.”
- Are Gel Manicures Safe? “A recent study shows that one application and removal of gel manicure thins the nail by 50%.” [Dr. Oz]
- 4 Apps for You to Finish Taxes Easily [Lifehack]
- Recent controversy for two high tech business women. New Yahoo CEO, Marissa Mayer, bans working from home and Facebook’s COO, Sheryl Sandberg may not incorporate enough realism in her upcoming book ‘Lean In’.
- Want more energy? Dr. Oz suggests wearing orange or amber colored glasses two hours before bedtime while using digital devices, because it allows melatonin to activate and help you get a better night’s sleep. Plenty of options available on Amazon.
- iWant: Landing Zone’s Laptop-to-Desktop Transformer [GeekSugar]
- Interested in silky, shiny hair without spending lots of money on a professional glaze? The Beauty Bean recommends this DIY brightening recipe for brown and dark brown hair. (Yes, the recipe includes real chocolate shavings!)
- Real Simple shares an easy and resourceful way to keep the shape of your shoes in tact and simultaneously deodorize them.
- 5 Ways to Tell If You’re Getting Great Advice [Inc.]
- I first heard about this article on Charlie Rose (I’m a huge fan!). It’s the longest piece by a single author ever published by Time and if you haven’t read it yet, it’s worth your time. Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us is a thought-provoking expose on medical overspending in the U.S. and its effects on the public.
Corporate Fashionista’s ‘The Boardroom’ features the latest news in business and fashion geared towards the professional woman.