- Are you playing it too safe at work? In this candid interview with MAKERS, Brandon Holley, editor-in-chief of Lucky magazine, shares her career highs and lows. “If you’re not actually doing something that might make you fall on your face and signing your name to it and being ready to be blamed for it if it doesn’t work, you’re never actually going have a thing that succeeds.”
- Wanna know why I think it’s so important for every professional woman to own a sheath dress? Check out my guest styling feature with renowned fashion brand LUCZA. Founder, Karen Scofield, was born in the US, but now lives in the UK with her family where she designs beautiful and extremely versatile, quality garments ideal for us career women. Don’t miss LUCZA’s exclusive offer for CF readers too on free shipping now through June 22, 2013! Use promo code: LUCZACF.
- Looking for a job in a creative field? Blogger and graphic designer, Breanna Rose, reminds us that it’s super important for our materials (ie. resume, cover letter) to look creative too.
- GateGuru Is the Ultimate Airport Sherpa — Don’t Travel Without It [GeekSugar]
- I found the perfect new piece to add to your Office Fashion Emergency Kit…Quick Tips instant heel caps. I tried them…they’re amazing! Best solution to swiftly fix worn high heels in-between your shoe repair visits. Prolong the life of your shoes, plus say goodbye to that annoying (and unprofessional) clicking sound! No tools required. Founder, Grace Hwang is brilliant! Watch demo. Great for mid-day mishaps and business travels! Available in small, medium and large.
- How to Break a Habit… or Start a New One [Goop]
“What you’re looking for is for that new response to be automatic, so you don’t have to have that tussle with your willpower.”
- Here’s a simple way to stretch your shoes, “fill a ziplock bag with water, place it in your shoe then stick it in the freezer. As the water freezes it expands and it will stretch the shoe”, says podiatrist, Dr. Krista Archer. She shares more great tips on Summer Shoe Dos and Don’ts with Dr. Oz including spraying hairspray inside your sandals to prevent your feet from sliding after sweating in the summer heat. Clever, huh?!
- This Is a Graph of Your Productivity [Mashable]
“In this comic, Angela Liao of 20px shows us the difference between when we expect to be productive and when we’re actually productive.” Are her results as true for you as they are for me?
- The Clarisonic: Ultimate grooming gadget—or potential skincare hazard? [Beauty Editor]
The best review I have read to date!
- Sallie Krawcheck : Why I’m Investing In A Women’s Network [Forbes]
This former financial services executive says, “The progress of women in business has plateaued. The next step is to move from advocacy to real investments in women… I am becoming involved with and investing in 85 Broads because investing in women is smart business. And women investing in themselves and in others, as they do through the network, is even smarter business.”
- The Valley Girl Show does a fun interview with Mandy Ginsberg, CEO of Match.com. Mandy believes it’s important to be who you are and to take risks as a professional! She also highlights the 5000 social events Match.com will be hosting this year, the efforts they are making with their site for mobile users, the big misconceptions we have about men, plus her and host, Jesse Draper, Zumba together.
- 9 Moves to a Tighter Butt [Self]
Because…summer is just around the corner!
- How To Know What That Job Pays [Forbes]
- What Does It Mean When You Don’t Hear Back After A Job Interview? [The Prepary]
“It does NOT mean that they don’t want to hire you!”
Corporate Fashionista’s ‘The Boardroom’ features the latest news in business and fashion geared towards the professional woman.