- Easy DIY: Office Supply No-Cut Pumpkins.
- Madeline Albright is now on Twitter. One of the many things I adore about this former U.S. Secretary of State is her passion to use fashion as a professional tool. Her pins are infamous. Even something as simple as celebrating her first tweet she considers the impact of her visual presentation.
- Dressing for success is not always easy, is it?! I’m excited to announce my new interview series at Forbes, Designer Spotlight. You’ll discover fashion designers who are making grand efforts to ease the process and support us professional women.
- A one-stop shop for all of your favorite TSA friendly beauty products. 3FLOZ will even ship to your hotel!
- Speaking of beauty products…Amazon just introduced its luxury beauty store for cosmetics lovers.
- Have you been on Google+ Hangouts lately? If you’re a Kate White fan like me, then you’re going to want to check out her, Be That Girl: How To Fine Tune Your Brand, Take Your Success To A Whole New Level, And Make The Money You Deserve, video. Diane von Furstenberg recently introduced the first Shoppable Hangout. I believe this is going to be a very popular sales channel going forward! Here is a video snippet.
- Why Productive People Work Well With Their Opposites [Fast Company]
- I’m always on the lookout for quality layering tops. Frankly, they are hard to find! Until now…Adea line specializes in the ideal layering tops to wear underneath a little-to-low-for-the-office blouse or dress or to create a smooth, bulk-free silhouette underneath a cardigan sweater or blazer jacket. Adea offers a variety of styles in a large range of colors. I sampled this one and this one in white just to make sure they passed my see-through test. Phew! No bras or bellybutton exposure. The tops are lightweight, breathable, moisture-wicking, and resistant to pilling and fading. The bottom stayed flat too and didn’t roll up onto my belly as I moved around throughout the day. True to size, but please note they are fitted, so when in doubt, order up one size. Plus, they are machine-washable and air dry quickly. Perfect for business travel ‘too’! They are not inexpensive, but I believe they are a great value and Adea is graciously offering CF readers a 20% discount on your first purchase with code: CORP1013. Code is valid for 6-months from October 16th, 2013.
- Here’s another problem solver. Does your outfit ever need a little somethin’ somethin’…a necklace or pair of earrings, but you don’t want it to stand out too much? I’ve experienced this with my clients and myself countless times! Thankfully, Priscilla Carreon introduced me to her premier jewelry collection, in full bloom. I sampled the rose gold & rose quartz necklace and instantly fell in love. The color and delicate design beautifully blends into the skin tone, but still gives that extra little sparkle to your outfit. See her full collection here. Fantastic prices too!
- Two super inspirational videos: Lily Myers, Shrinking Woman and Jess Jeetly of Jeetly petite clothing, helping us professional women find our calling.
- Hustle Bags was founded by an Australian husband and wife team, Lisa and John Winters. Their bags allow you to charge your phone on the go. Yes, please! Now, you’ll never have to worry about missing or making that important call or email again. Hustle Bags are small enough to fit inside a standard-size, everyday handbag and big enough to be used as a clutch. It really is a smarter way to stay connected in style.
- Gender Diversity In Leadership Is Key To Business Success [The Guardian]
“To achieve parity for women in decision-making roles, men must beware of unconscious bias.”
- 7 Awesome Career Tips From Women We Love (Like Hillary Clinton & Lady Gaga) [The Grindstone]
Corporate Fashionista’s ‘The Boardroom’ features the latest news in business and fashion geared towards the professional woman.