Did you know wearing a sweater dress allows you to secretly send powerful subliminal messages that will benefit you at the office?
It’s true! When you wear a classically designed, contemporary sweater dress, you instantly convey to your peers you are a serious businesswoman with a high approachability factor. The cut of the dress is appropriate for the office and the expansive, soft knit material provokes emotions of comfort and security. It reminds them, for example, how they feel when cozying beneath a comfy blanket next to a warm fireplace on a cold winter’s day. You immediately appear comfortable to work with and more trustworthy in your soft knit sweater dress. Wouldn’t this be an excellent outfit choice for you next idea pitch?
To look your best in a sweater dress, be sure to wear spanx-like undergarments to keep knit lying flat. Also, select non-itchy, thin knit sweater dresses for a super comfortable fit.
First, on the runway and, now, in stores, you’ll have no problem finding one you’re sure to love. To get you started, I’ve selected five versatile, universally figure-flattering sweater dresses perfect for your next professional engagement. Let your wardrobe support your endeavors…jump start your next presentation today!
- Tory Burch Kent Merino Wool Dress $395, available at Nordstrom.
- Ralph by Ralph Lauren Cable-Knit Sweater Dress in Oatmeal or Navy $149, available at Bloomingdales.
- Alice + Olivia Dorie Marled Sweater Dress $297, available at Shopbop.
- Diane von Furstenberg Cashmere PauWua-Bis Sweater Dress $345, available at Shopbop.
- Madewell City Block Sweater Dress $138, available at Shopbop.
Is there a business venture that a sweater dress can help you with this season? Do you have any concerns that might hold you back from participating in this trend?
Top image credit: Runway at Marc by Marc Jacobs F/W 2011 via Style.com/Yannis Vlamos GoRunway.com.