‘Tis the season to…par-TAY!
Jumpstart your holiday style with festive, fun-to-wear pieces that make you want to get dressed and celebrate the holidays with co-workers, friends and family. The fun factor is crucial, especially when you’re tired after a long, busy day…let your outfits reenergize you. Trust me, it works!
Since you’re likely to be out-and-about during the crazed-filled Black Friday weekend, it’s the ideal time to be on the lookout for goodies to wear to all of your upcoming holiday parties. My motto, “relieve unnecessary stress by getting prepped ahead of time.”
Here are some of the fashion and beauty trends that have inspired me to go forth and enjoy this holiday season…and I couldn’t wait to pass them on to you!
These trends are available at all price points in a variety of interpretations, so there’s no excuse not to look (and feel) fantabulously festive and gorgeously glamorous at your next company party, holiday luncheon, neighborhood gathering or New Year’s Eve celebration. Get ready to cheer!
- Colorful Lace: Lace is a huge holiday fashion trend in glamorous colors, as well as, black.
- Embellishments Galore: Sequins, crystals, beads, studs…they’ve got the fun factor; go for it!
- Sheer Delight: Sheer panels, arms, etcetera are sexy (yet still provide coverage).
- Mighty Metallics: This season you’ll find metallic finishes in skirts, tops, dresses, shoes, bags, belts and more in a variety of colors…gold, green, red, sapphire blue, silver, bronze, etcetera.
- Cable Knit + Leather: I love the mix of textures in this ensemble…a cozy knit sweater with soft, supple leather. This season there are so many charming cable knit patterns available and, of course, coated/wax leather-like stretch denim is another option too.
- Pattern Pants: They’re just cool! And flirty. And festive. Pair with an untucked top, sweater and/or blazer jacket.
- Black + Winter White: This classic cool weather color combo is widely available this season in a variety of interpretations. It’s ideal for so many different holiday events.
- Tuxedo Jackets: It’s flirtatious menswear at its best. I love the play on masculine with feminine.
- Ankle Strap Heels: These alluring little ankle straps will add a dynamic flair to so many holiday outfits.
- Statement Jewelry: Decadent earrings, bracelets and necklaces are all on trend, right now. Pair bold earrings with a bold bracelet (but not with a bold necklace).
- Minaudière Clutches: These small handheld clutch bags pack a powerful punch to any holiday outfit.
- Cat Eyes + Red Lips: You’ve already seen how to do the easiest cat eye makeup trick ever and, now, here’s a quick tutorial on lipstick longevity to try after you’ve found the right shade of red for you.
- Nails: Love this striking sideline nail art by Ann of Andy Heart. I am going to try this technique with black and gold. This limited edition deep red-black Chanel nail polish in Malice is divine too. The color will pair perfectly with so many holiday ensembles.
- Hair: Try this easy 3-Minute Updo video tutorial by Kayley from Sidewalk Ready. Learn how to fake a natural wavy curl from Stephanie at Hair And Makeup By Steph and from Krystal of This Time Tomorrow here. Be sure to check out Mr. Kate’s DIY sock bun tutorial too. And, finally, I’m loving this side knot ponytail for the holidays. The Beauty Department’s shows us how-to here.
Which holiday style trick or trend gets you in the party mood? Share!
Image credit, left to right: FASHION: Lace Dress Nanette Lepore $448, available at Nordstrom // Embellished Top French Connection $268, available at Bloomingdales // Sheer Dress Diane von Furstenberg $385, available at Shopbop // Metallic Skirt REISS $210, available at Bloomingdales // Cable Knit Sweater + Leather Skirt Chinti and Parker Sweater $550 + Malene Birger Skirt $695, available at Net-A-Porter // Pattern Pants JCrew $198, available at JCrew // Black + Winter White Dress Theory $325, available at Bloomingdales // Tuxedo Jacket Zara $189, available at Zara // ACCESSORIES: Ankle Strap Heels Ivanka Trump $149.95, available at Nordstrom // Statement Jewelry, Bracelet Michael Kors $250, available at Michael Kors; Earrings Lulu Frost for JCrew $118 and Necklace $150, both available at JCrew // Minaudière Clutch Diane von Furstenberg $395, more colors available at Shopbop // BEAUTY Makeup, Cat Eye + Red Lips via strollingdowntheavenue.tumblr.com // Nails, Sideline Nails via Andy Heart and Chanel Malice nails via Beautystat.com // Hair, 3-Minute Updo via Sidewalk Ready; Wavy Bob by hairstylist, Johnny Ramirez, via Box No. 216; DIY Sock Bun via Hello Giggles and Side Knot Ponytail via Knightcat.